- 4 Bidirectional Converters in 1 RU Unit
- Optical Fiber Signal Range 28 Miles
- Connects up to 4 ATEM Camera Converters
- 4 x Fiber to SDI 10-bit Converters
- 4 x Switchable SD/HD-SDI Outputs
- Camera Talkback with Select, Vol & Mute
- Connect to ATEM Switchers/Converters
- Supports SDI Switcher Tally Output
- Send PGM Feed to Fiber Connected Cameras
The Blackmagic Design Studio Converter 2 inputs video signals transmitted over optical fiber and converts the signals to SDI for use with video switchers. When used in conjunction with the Blackmagic Design ATEM Camera Converter, you can send video signals up to 28 miles between camera and switcher using available optical fiber cables. By comparison, sending an HD-SDI signal over traditional copper cable is usually limited to about 300 feet, depending on the quality of the cable.
A typical set up using the Studio Converter 2 is to connect it between the switcher and up to four ATEM Camera Converter units. This setup allows the Converter 2 to receive the signals from the fiber cable, convert the signals to SDI using 10-bit processing, and send the signals to the switcher. The Converter 2 supports SD/HD signals, and when using the available ATEM Camera Converter you can use any camera with an SDI/HDMI output.
The Converter 2 can also be used as 4 independent simultaneous bidirectional SD/HD-SDI to optical converters. The Converter 2 features a built-in mic input, speaker and headphone jack that provides talkback audio for communicating with camera operators. The Converter 2 passes tally signals embedded in the SDI program stream. You can cascade multiple ATEM Studio Converter 2 units together when using more than 4 cameras. The Studio Converter 2 features a 1 RU design with built in rackmount ears for easy integration into existing studio configurations or production cases.
In the Box
- Blackmagic Design ATEM Studio Converter 2
- Converter Utility Software
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
Not in the Box
- Essential Required Power Cable (Not Included)