- Convert SD & HD Formats
- Hot-Swappable Card for OpenGear Frame
- Converts 720p to 1080i/p or Vice Versa
- Standards Conversion: NTSC & PAL I/O
- 3 Gb/s SDI
- 7x SD/HD/3G-SDI Outputs plus Loop Out
- 10-Bit SDI with Low Jitter
- Reference Input & Re-Clocking
- USB & Mini Switches for Configuration
- Network-Controllable via DashBoard
The Blackmagic Design OpenGear Converter - UpDownCross is a SDI signal converter/distributor that's fully compatible with the OpenGear standard, for installation in a rack-mounted chassis. (Blackmagic offers several OpenGear frame configurations – sold separately.) This model performs high-quality signal conversion, whether SD to HD, HD to SD, or one HD format to another – 1080i/p to 720 or vice versa. NTSC & PAL conversion (input and/or output of either) is also supported.
The UpDownCross converter features an auto-switching 3G/HD/SD-SDI input and seven configurable 3G/HD/SD-SDI outputs for flexible, broadcast-quality signal conversion & distribution. There's also a reference input (blackburst & TriSync) and SDI loop output. The converter adapts SDI audio delay to accommodate the video processing in order to keep everything in sync, and it applies an equalizer, re-clocker, and 10-bit de-serializer to the SDI input signal.
You can update and/or reconfigure the OpenGear Converter - UpDownCross in three different ways: via the USB 2.0 connection, over a network via Java-based DashBoard software, or by setting its mini switches.
In the Box
- Blackmagic Design OpenGear Converter - UpDownCross
- Firmware Updater Application
- Limited 1-Year Warranty