- Convert an HDMI Signal to 12G-SDI
- Convert HDMI to Optical Fiber (Optional)
- Up to DCI 4K/60p Support on Input/Output
- XLR Inputs Switchable to AES/EBU
- Ethernet Port for Remote Control or PoE
- Built-In 90-240V Power Supply
- Rack-Mount, Duct or Desktop Installation
- Install up to 3 Units in Single 19" Rack
- Supports Optional LCD Smart Front Panel
- Intelligent Thermal Heat Dissipation
The Teranex Mini HDMI to Optical 12G Converter from Blackmagic Design allows you to convert an HDMI signal to a 12G-SDI output, or install an optional optical fiber module and convert an HDMI signal to fiber. In either case, the output will automatically match the HDMI input resolution. Up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) 60p resolution is supported on both input and output.
An optical fiber module is not included but is supported on the rear. 3G and 6G modules are currently available (model #s ADPT-3GBI/OPT and ADPT-6GBI/OPT), and 12G modules are in the works.
The Teranex Mini HDMI to Optical 12G Converter also features full-size XLR inputs that are switchable between balanced analog and AES/EBU digital audio, and which allow you to connect separate audio. The converter also has an Ethernet port that allows you to manage the converter remotely from a Mac or Windows computer using the included Converter Utility software. This capability is especially useful when you're in a larger facility using numerous converters.
The Ethernet port can alternatively be used for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). If you don't want to use PoE, you won't have to deal with cumbersome power supplies, as the Teranex Mini features a built-in 90-240V power supply, and all you'll need is a standard IEC power cable, sold separately.
The Teranex Mini can be used rack-mounted, concealed in cable ducts, or desktop-mounted. Its compact size makes it useful for portable racks at live events or in broadcast trucks. Up to three units can easily be installed in an optional 1 RU 19" rack tray.
In the Box
- Blackmagic Design Teranex Mini HDMI to Optical 12G Converter (Optical Fiber Module Not Included)
- Software SD Card
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Not in the Box
- Essential Required Power Cable (Not Included)