- 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 & PCIe I/O
- Advanced 4K 60p RGB/Stereoscopic Ingest
- 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0, Analog Connections
- 4-Ch XLR and 2-Ch AES/EBU Audio
- Reference, Timecode, RS-422 Ports
- 4:4:4 Sampling
- Real-Time H.265 Encoding
- LCD Preview Screen
- Wide Mac/Windows Software Compatibility
- 2 RU Form Factor; Dual Built-In PSUs
A faster upgrade to its predecessor, the UltraStudio 4K Extreme, Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 is built with a Thunderbolt 3 interface, which features a 40 Gbps transfer rate that better supports 4K ingest when working in RGB or stereoscopic formats. The super high speed of Thunderbolt 3 is fast enough for the highest bit depth HDR uncompressed RGB 4K and stereoscopic formats, such as those used for high end feature films. Like the previous model, UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 still offers PCIe, 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0, and analog connections, 4:4:4 sampling, and real-time H.265 encoding. It supports 4K DCI and UHD footage in up to 60 fps.
UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 has a 2 RU rackmountable form factor with the primary connectivity on the back panel. For local monitoring, it offers an LCD preview screen and basic controls on the front panel.
UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 can be useful for non-linear editing applications, on-set acquisition, VFX, audio post-production, live-streaming, color-grading, live-production applications, and more.
Two SD cards are included with the device that feature the following Blackmagic applications: Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X/Windows 7, 8, and 10/Linux, and DaVinci Resolve (formerly known as DaVinci Resolve Lite).
In the Box
- Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3
- SD Card with Software and Manual
- SD Card with DaVinci Resolve
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Not in the Box
- Essential Required Power Cable (Not Included)