- For Mobile Video or Mobile VO
- Shotgun-Style Mic with iOS Connector
- Included Mic Clip & Furry Windscreen
- 3.5mm & Lightning Connections
- Compatible with Built-In Audio Apps
- Cardioid Pattern Tamps Down Room Tone
- Monitor/Record with 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Broadcast-Quality Capture up to 48 kHz
If you're shooting mobile iOS video and want better audio than what your phone provides—or if you need to record VO or ADR on the go—the Rode VideoMic Me-L is worth your consideration. This is a shotgun mic that plugs right into iOS devices via a lightning port, using the connection point as a mount as well.
The mic focuses the audio capture on what's directly in front of the capsule thanks to the directional polar pattern. It's primarily intended for use with iOS devices, though it does offer a 3.5mm TRS jack, which can be used for monitoring or for backup analog recording, provided you've plugged in the mic to a lightning port. Even though the mic can mount directly on top of your iOS lightning port, it comes with a dedicated mic clip should you rather use it as well as a furry windscreen for achieving a better sound in windy conditions.
In the Box
- Rode VideoMic Me-L Directional Microphone for iOS Devices
- Mic Clip
- Furry Windshield
- Limited 2-Year Warranty