- Vlogger, Run & Gun, Voiceover, Podcaster
- For Cameras, Mobile Devices & Computers
- 30-Hour USB Rechargeable Battery
- Variable Gain, Pad, Roll-Off & HF Boost
- USB Out or 3.5mm Out with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED and Auto On/Off
- Peak Warning LED
- Windscreen Reduces Wind Noise
- Includes Shoe/Pole Shockmount
Technology Ported from the NTG5
The VideoMic NTG's body features acoustic perforations rather than the linear slots traditionally used in shotgun microphones. This annular line tube technology was ported from Rode's NTG5 to deliver transparency and a natural, uncolored sound.
Directional Sound Pickup
The VideoMic NTG utilizes a supercardioid polar pattern to focus on sound in front of it while attenuating sound from the sides and rear. Its low-noise electronics and sensitive condenser element deliver more detailed audio than the mics typically found in cameras and portable recorders. Since it is even more sensitive than the VideoMic Pro+ model, it requires less gain to achieve an equivalent signal level.
Extensive Device Compatibility
Simply connect the VideoMic NTG to your camera, portable recorder, or mobile device via the included TRRS cable. The VideoMic NTG's auto-sensing 3.5mm TRRS output automatically switches between TRS and TRRS as necessary, so you won't need additional adapter cables. The 3.5mm jack is wired in a dual-mono configuration, ensuring that the mic signal is sent identically to both input channels of your recording device.
Full USB Microphone Functionality
Plug the VideoMic NTG into your computer, smartphone, or tablet via USB to use it as a digital USB microphone for direct recording to your favorite software. Its integrated analog-to-digital converter operates at 24-bit / 48 kHz to provide full-resolution, uncompressed audio quality.
MFi-Certified for Apple iOS Mobile Devices
As of firmware version 2.0, the VideoMic NTG is officially MFi-certified, unlocking complete compatibility with Lightning-equipped iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Plug your VideoMic NTG into your iPhone, iPad, or iPod via USB with the Rode SC15 USB Type-C to Lightning accessory cable (available separately), unleashing the full potential of the mic, including:
- Headphone monitoring with complete volume control using the variable output knob
- Two-way audio transmission for making video calls
- Access to the safety channel, which creates a second output at -20 dB in case the main channel distorts
- High-quality 24-bit / 48 kHz digital audio conversion
In the Box
- Rode VideoMic NTG Hybrid Analog/USB Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- SM7-R Shoe Shockmount
- Foam Windscreen
- SC10 3.5mm TRRS Cable
- USB Type-A to USB Type-C Cable
- Limited 1-Year Warranty, Extendable to 10 Years upon Registration