- Field Recording, Filmmaking & Podcasting
- 32-Bit Recording / 32-Bit USB Streaming
- Record up to 192 kHz, Stream to 96 kHz
- 3 x High-Gain, Low-Noise Mic Preamps
- Records 3 Inputs & Stereo Mix
- Internal Timecode Generator
- Adjustable Analog Limiters
- Polarity, Low-Cut & Pan Controls
- AC, USB Bus & Battery Powering Options
- SD Card with Auto-Copy to USB Drives
For independent filmmakers, field recordists, and podcasters who need pristine audio capture of up to three microphones, the Sound Devices MixPre-3 II multitrack field recorder is an ideal tool. Record up to three tracks of external sources plus a stereo mix at up to 32-bit / 192 kHz while monitoring your audio headphones. If you choose to use the MixPre-6 II as your studio interface, you'll be able to achieve sample rates up to 96 kHz.
The MixPre-3 II offers many upgrades over its predecessor. Chief among these features is the ability to record at 32-bit floating point to an internal SD card. The unit also functions as an audio interface capable of 32-bit floating point streaming over USB to a Mac computer. This makes it nearly impossible for you to clip (distort) audio on the way in. Whether you're recording hot or making use of the unit's astounding 142 dB dynamic range, you'll only be handicapped by the quality of your microphone.
Other improvements include the ability to auto-copy recorded tracks to USB thumb drives, making file transfers a breeze. Lovers of sync will revel in a handy new feature: a full-fledged, built-in timecode generator, accurate to better than 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames in 24 hours). Even when powered off, the MixPre-3 II maintains accurate timecode for up to four hours.
In the Box
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 II 3-Channel / 5-Track Multitrack 32-Bit Field Recorder
- Sound Devices MX-4AA Battery Sled for MixPre-3 and MixPre-6
- Sound Devices MX-Charge AC Power Supply for MixPre-3 and MixPre-6
- Limited 1-Year Warranty with 1-Year Extension upon Registration
Not in the Box
- Essential Batteries (Not Included)