- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/14 to f/40
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- One Extra Refractive Index Element
- Magnification: 2:1 to Infinity
- Min. Focus: 1.5'; Working Distance: 0.8"
- Integrated Focus and Aperture Gears
- Long Lens Barrel, Small Front Diameter
- Built-In LED Ring Light, Micro-USB Power
- Waterproof Front Lens Barrel
Described as "weird but genius," the Sony E-mount Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens from Venus Optics is a truly unique lens designed for close-up shooting. Distinguished by its long and slender lens barrel, this macro lens provides a 2:1 maximum magnification with a 1.5' minimum focusing distance and a close 0.8" minimum working distance. Even with such a close working distance, the lens measures 1.3' long, placing you at a comfortable distance to photograph nearby subjects. Also, as a wide-angle lens, greater depth of field is afforded when compared to traditional telephoto macro lenses, allowing for greater detail in the background with less subject isolation.
The optical design includes both extra-low dispersion and extra-refractive index elements, which help to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations for a high degree of clarity, color accuracy, and sharpness. Manual focus control permits focusing from 1.5' to infinity, and the front of the lens has a built-in LED ring light to aid in focusing at close distances. The slim 0.2" diameter of the front of the lens barrel also offers greater opportunities for lighting subjects from the front. Additionally, the front portion of the lens is waterproof and permits working with subjects just beneath the surface of the water or in dusty or trying environments.
In the Box
- Venus Optics Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens for Sony E (Cine-Mod Version)
- USB Cable Dimmer with Power Adjustment
- USB Cable
- Lens Bag
- Metal Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty